Active Mountaineering is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Active Mountaineering may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you accept any changes.
We may collect the following information:
• name, age, gender for use in planning your trip
• contact information including email address and phone numbers
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys, mailing lists for receiving marketing information, solely from Active Mountaineering
• passport data, medical info, and other for use in preparation of your trip
What we do with the information we gather
• We require this information to understand your needs, make logistical arrangements, and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• For both domestic and international trips we often are required to provide vital information, such as passport info, to confirm services for your trip, such as, but not limited to, hotel reservations, climbing or trekking permits, airline reservations etc.
We will not, under any circumstances, share any of your information with any third parties unless instructed by law enforcement or court order.
You may request that we delete any data that we hold about you at any time and we will agree to that request and delete all data, except that which we are legally bound to retain. You can request a copy of the data that we hold about you by writing to us at Active Mountaineering, 39 Cumpsty Rd, Litherland, Liverpool l21 9HX and we will send you a copy of this information within 30 days from receipt of your letter.
For all events, we require a medical questionaire to be completed by all participants. This gives us prior notice of any medical information that we will require to ensure your safety during our events. These forms should be sent back to us via WhatsApp to 07816 623213. WhatsApp is an encrypted form of transmission ensuring your information reaches us securely. If you decide to email this information to us, then you acknowledge that this may not be a secure method. All medical forms are stored on a password protected file, only accessible by Active Mountaineering. For each event, these forms will be printed off and securely handed to your lead guide who has responsibility for ensuring their safety and security. At the end of the event, we will shred these paper copies.
For any further information about how we use your personal data, please call Chris on 07816 623213.