Terms & Conditions
• The content of the pages of this website is provided for your general information and use only. It may be subject to change without prior notice in regards to pricing, event dates etc.
• At Active Mountaineering, we try our best to provide current and upto date information. However, we do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• You should feel free to use any of the information or materials on this website (excluding anything that can be classed as copywrited material) however, this is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United Kingdom.
• By taking part in a mountain based activity with Active Mountaineering, you acknowledge that the areas in which you will travel are dangerous in nature and carry a risk of injury or even death. You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own well being and that you are confident and competent in your own ability to take part in your chosen event.
1 When taking part in one of our activities, we require you to pay a deposit for your chosen event based on the event.
2 For UK events, we require a 50% deposit at the time of booking with the remainder of your balance due 4 weeks before you depart on your chosen event.
3. We reserve the right to cancel events, providing 4 week's notice, without any liability on active mountaineering in relation to any payments, you may have incurred in organising the trip. We suggest that when booking accomodation and transportation, you ensure this is refundable in this event, or you have insurance to cover the costs, if appropriate. You will be provided with a full refund of the payment we have received, if we have to cancel an event.
4. In the event of an event curtailment, due to circumstances beyond our control i.e. mechanical failer, adverse weather etc, we will recover you back to Liverpool and make any arrangements for hotel accommodation, food, drink etc up to the point of your scheduled return home. We accept no liability for unforeseen circumstances resulting in additional cost. We will offer you a place to return to complete the event again where possible. Travel insurance should be taken out to cover any event cancellation or curtailment.
1 Deposits are refundable, more than 8 weeks prior to the event. The balance is due 4 week's prior to the event. If your balance is not paid on time and you have not cancelled your trip at least 8 weeks prior to departure, the balance will still be due to Active Mountaineering. We would therefore recommend that you have insurance in case of any accidents or unforeseen circumstances or curtailments.
2 If you have a problem attending your chosen event, Active Mountaineering will endeavour to rearrange your event to an alternative date depending on your circumstances and the viability of any request. All changes to a booking will incur a £20 admin charge, per person, per booking. Changes to a booking are not normally possible with less than 4 weeks notice to an event. Buses and guides will have been booked and cannot be cancelled. If it is possible to change your event date with less than 4 weeks notice of the event, an admin charge of £100 per person, per booking will be due. In all instances, the balance of your account must be paid in full 4 weeks before the original event date.
It is very rare that we will cancel any event. However, we reserve the right to cancel an event due to low numbers or circumstances beyond our control. If we do, we will do our utmost to transfer you to an alternative date without any cost to yourself. If we have to cancel an event, we will contact you with at least 4 weeks notice. Please ensure that any accommodation or travel arranged allows you to cancel with 4 weeks notice.